About Linda Cookson
Linda Cookson brings knowledge, creativity, and a track record that is among the best in the industry. Working in partnership with her husband, Frank Cookson, Linda is enthusiastic and passionate about helping her clients achieve their real estate goals in the community she knows and loves. Contra Costa County residents since 1976, Linda and Frank’s expertise is vast and all-encompassing: from knowledge about property values and neighborhoods to local schools, shopping and recreation. They are proud to serve as East Bay experts while resonating quality, integrity and professionalism in all facets of their work.
A clear communicator, expert negotiator, and natural problem solver, Linda is deeply involved in every aspect of the home-buying and selling process, serving as a patient and knowledgeable guide through every step of a transaction. Recognizing that each client and situation is unique, Linda and Frank tailor their approach to best suit their clients’ individual needs. Leveraging local knowledge, technology and design expertise, Linda and Frank are committed to building long-term client relationships based on loyalty, trust and confidentiality and they enjoy the utmost respect from their peers in the industry they love. With over $300 million in residential real estate sales and a reputation for selling their listings nearly twice as fast—and at a higher premium—than the MLS average, they are proud to attribute 90% of their business to past clients and their trusted referrals.
Linda was a Founding Partner and Broker Associate at Empire Realty and served on the brokerage’s Board of Directors. Before her career in real estate, Linda spent nearly a decade as a Licensed Landscape Architect with David Gates & Associates in Danville. Her background in interior and landscape design has given her a keen eye for transforming a property and knack for telling a home’s story when preparing it for market. Complementing Frank’s background in finance, Linda’s creative prowess has proven invaluable to buyers and sellers, providing a unique and dynamic client experience, while her impeccable organization and sharp attention to detail are second to none.
In her time outside of real estate, Linda enjoys home/garden renovation projects, getting her hands dirty in her veggie/herb garden and harvesting figs, persimmons, pears, apples, lemons and limes from her yard, cooking memorable dinners for friends and family, exotic travel and exploring any new region in Italy, ballroom dancing, curling up with a good book, and personal growth. She proudly supports Habitat for Humanity and Save Mt. Diablo. Linda holds a BS in Landscape Architecture from University of California, Berkeley and graduated from St. Rose Academy in San Francisco.
• Real Estate Broker Associate, Compass – Sycamore Office, Danville
• Real Estate Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group, Danville
• Founding Partner and Broker Associate Empire Realty Associates, Danville
• Paciﬁc Union Real Estate partner, Danville
• Coldwell Banker, Danville.
• Licensed Landscape Architect, David Gates & Associates, Danville
University of California, Berkeley, BS in Landscape Architecture, graduated with honors
Saint Rose Academy College Preparatory High School, San Francisco
Real Estate Sales, negotiating, merchandising and staging properties, interior and landscape design, remodeling houses, event planning, and construction drawings.
• National Association of Realtors
• California Association of Realtors, Broker Associate
• Contra Costa Association of Realtors
• clhms Certiﬁed Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
• Member of the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing
• “Master Negotiator” Certiﬁcation from the University of San Francisco
• CNE Certified Negotiation Expert
• Certiﬁed Relocation Counselor
• ABR Certiﬁcation (Accredited Buyer Representative)
• Five Star Professional Service Award Winner, as featured in Diablo Magazine consecutive Sixth Year winners.